INNOVATIVE. EXPERIMENTAL. CREATIVE.
Solve a key business challenge or test new ideas in less than 5 days
Have a wicked business challenge?
Feeling stuck or unable to find the right solution?
Need to test a new idea, product, or service?
Join our Business Innovation Labs in March 2020
Bring 4-7 team members (staff, users, customers, mentors, etc.) to solve a key challenge in your business or test a new idea – and reach your business’ maximum potential.
Our team will guide you through Design Thinking, a user-focused problem-solving method, you’ll quickly find and test creative and innovative solutions.
You will leave with a tested prototype for your solution and learn to apply Design Thinking to future challenges.
you want to involve your employees in the planning process – let’s make that “your team”.
Is this really for me?
Sign up for our free online “what to expect” webinar here: click here.
Learn about challenges that other businesses like AirBnB have solved with this approach!
Click on the images below for examples:
|Manufacturer minimizes the risk for product development.||Owner uses empathy to increase morale in the workplace||Converting online traffic to increased sales after discovering an unexpected determining factor|
Business Innovation Labs are for you if:
- You are part of a small or medium sized business
- you are looking to take your business to the next level
- you want to involve your employees in the planning process
- you want to make decisions informed by what your customers really want
- you are interested in learning about creative, innovative processes
- You can bring a team of 4-7 people from your business (staff, owners, advisors, partners, etc.)
READY TO BRING YOUR CHALLENGE TO THE LAB? click heRE
We’ll help you tackle your challenge by:
What you’ll leave with:
- A solution to your challenge tested at least once (prototype)
- The ability to apply Design Thinking to solve problems and innovate with your business in the future.
- New connections with other businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Ongoing support from the AEC team.
When and Where:
Choose from Lab 1 or 2.
- Lab 1: Kentville Fire Hall, March 9th-13th, 2020
- Lab 2: Hansport Churchill House, March 23rd-27th, 2020
- Daily, 9AM – 2PM
- We understand that your business has to keep running – that’s why we are keeping your afternoons and early mornings free to take care of key operations. We ask that you fully commit to the times indicated, knowing that you are investing this time to take your business to the next level.
To apply you will need to:
- Be starting or operating a business
- Bring a team of at least 4 people from your business who can commit to the full lab (this can be a mix of staff, advisors, customers, etc.).
- Bring a challenge to work or with a team
- Be prepared to dedicate 5 days, from 9AM-2PM
- Pay a $350.00 early bird, $390.00 flat rate per team. Thanks to support from ACOA, we are able to offer these labs this year at a subsidized rate.
I’M INTERESTED, SIGN ME UP!: click here
Interested but have questions? Sign up for our free online “design thinking 101” webinar. Click here.
|“Thank you Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre for hosting a Design Thinking workshop with Enactus Acadia. Through the design thinking process, our team was able to pinpoint our areas of weakness concerning member engagement and brainstorm solutions with empathy in mind.” –Samantha Stegen, Enactus president.||“I found the design thinking challenge to be extremely useful. I did not realize that empathy was such an effective tool for defining a problem and developing possible solutions.” – Matthew Reid, Design Thinking workshop: Doctors & Digby.
||“The instructors were very friendly and interactive in the tasks. They provided great knowledge and experience and I also get to take some of that home with me. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend this session and I look forward to participating in the future.” – Jake Selig, Design Thinking workshop: Doctors & Digby.|
Contact our facilitators:
|Anne Stieger||Tom Dalmazzi||Leanne Strathdee|
|Entrepreneurship Facilitator & Business Counsellor||Community Entrepreneurship Facilitator||Innovation and Incubation Manager|