Rural Innovation Centre
The Rural Innovation Centre is an incubator for start up companies to access working space, support, networking and mentors.
RIC provides on-site working space for up to 10 tenants, including amenities such as: wireless internet, reception services, a conference room and kitchen facilities. Additionally, services are provided to virtual tenants who require advice, mentoring, networking and programming for innovation and commercialization.
What is Rural Innovation?
Small and medium sized enterprises are stimulating the rural economy and contributing to community growth. Rural entrepreneurs and innovators are creating opportunities for our youth to stay and work at home.
INNOVATION AND INCUBATION SERVICES FOR TENANTS:
- Community-based outreach & communications
- Business advisory services – this includes services provided in-house by the Innovation and Incubation Services Manager (some on a fee-for-service basis) as well as by external partners and through formal (funded) programs
- Innovation Development (idea development, IP advice, market research)
- Financing (access to government, seed & venture capital funding)
- Entrepreneur Development
- Market Readiness Counselling
- Sector-specific programming
- Skills development in key areas (business, tidal energy, agri-food, ICT)
- Access to capital and financing (Innovacorp staff)
- Access to specialized technical expertise (researchers) & facilities
- Access to business expertise (i.e. School of Business, Advisory Board, Entrepreneur’s Forum, Mentors, etc.)
- Access to commercialization expertise
- Access to students
- Business programming
- Networking events
- Office & meeting space
- Administrative support
- Business support
Becoming a tenant
If you are interested in Incubation Space, please submit a letter of interest to be reviewed by the Rural Innovation Centre Advisory Committee for approval. You must clearly demonstrate a unique innovation and how residency in the incubation services will accelerate your success.
Lease agreements are one year in duration and can be renewed annually by resubmitting an application for review. Lease fees are graduated year over year to a maximum of three years.
For more details please email Leanne Strathdee, Manager of Innovation & Incubation: firstname.lastname@example.org